French Doors – bY Jeffrey James
French doors (also known as French windows) offer a charming addition to any home or conservatory. These combination windows and doors create a sense of space as they flood rooms with sunlight.
French doors (also known as French windows) offer a charming addition to any home or conservatory. These combination windows and doors create a sense of space as they flood rooms with sunlight. New glass technologies mean that security and insulation concerns are now a thing of the past.
Many situations can benefit from double doors or French doors, and here at Jeffrey James Windows we offer a wide range of styles to suit all your requirements. Whether it be on your front door, back door or to replace an existing sliding door we can offer the perfect solution.
No individual can take credit for French doors but they have history rooted in France. Influenced by Italian Renaissance architecture and its emphasis on light and symmetry—a style which migrated to France after the Great Italian Wars of the 16th century. Aesthetics combined with a pre-electricity dependence on natural light and the increased availability of glass led to more windows—and an expansion of those windows into doors. Because glass was fragile and expensive, it was installed in small panes with mullions in-between. The mullions and door frames were typically made of wood or wrought iron for structural stability as well as for looks.
It’s now time to say good-bye to the obstructionist solid door and introduce some more light into your life. Jeffrey James exterior and interior French doors are available in a vast choice of colours and come with a choice of design and hardware options so we can service every client’s unique requirements, such as full glass, decorative Georgian Bar, Square Lead or Diamond Lead.
The doors are supplied with toughened double glazed energy saving safety glass as standard and all of our energy efficient Doors are manufactured to the highest quality by one of the Uk’s leading door manufacturers.
Our double French doors both open, whether you want them to open inwards or outwards with a left or right hand master door the choice is yours. Offering a high level of security for you home too, they are internally beaded and they utilise a high security multipoint locking mechanism which exceeds the current British Standards.
The doors also comfortably exceed the latest Building Regulations for energy efficiency.
The benefits of French doors are clear to see –
– The extensive opening which allow unrestricted access to your home as well as maximum ventilation.
– They can provide a visual bridge between indoors and out, or between adjoining rooms, expanding the sense of space in a room, bringing in natural light into an interior room or hall that doesn’t have windows.
– Letting the sunlight in without letting warmth escape (and in the summer months, without letting coolness escape). This expands your warm-weather living space by opening out to a patio, balcony, or garden.
– Filling wide openings—and creating a flow—between rooms. And conversely, enabling adjoining rooms to be closed off from each other when needed, such as for noise or heating reasons.
– Our door designs are made to measure and offer a bespoke solution offering both style and security.
Contact us now for more information.
Jeffrey James Windows Ltd is authorised and regulated by FENSA Registered Number: 36368 – We are also registered with HIP Registered Number: 000660
Company Registration Number: 09453927 – Company VAT Number: 242428913
© Copyright 2018 – Jeffrey James Windows – All Rights Reserved.
Website By NCB Media Ltd